Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Trusting in Man (Entry 7)

This post has been removed for the novel's debut in April, 2012 . . .

Photobucket








    Elisa isn't your regular nerd.  She's not the kind of person who quotes Monty Python, or has a periodic table tattooed on her butt.  No she's a different sort altogether.  She carries a duct-taped Bible everywhere, wears bright-orange polyester pants, and dyes her hair with red kool-aid.
    Even though she tries slipping by apart from the crowds, it doesn't help that her best friend happens to be "The Boarder," one of the cutest and most popular boys in school.  He's not willing to let her go unnoticed—not until she goes to the homecoming dance with another guy.
   "The Boarder" starts acting weird after the date goes well, and Elisa begins wondering if he's only been looking at her as a friend or maybe something more.  She must choose between her best friend and "The Bad Boy," but will she make the right choice?

6 comments:

  1. I've learned not to put my faith in man. They often let us down. Even those who are "preachers." I've been there too. The people I looked up to for being so "close to God" turned out the complete oposite of who I thought they were. Are these people still on tv?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Elisa...everyone should read this post...not because of what is written but the lesson it teaches...always unwrap the pretty package to see what is really inside...thanks for sharing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness! What a jerk! And his mother!
    You were so fortunate to see this side of him before things moved on.

    Love your posts as always. You have such a way with words, and images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's sad, but I think I'm still learning this lesson about not putting faith in man. I don't watch TBN anymore because more often than not, I end up judging all the people who are talking about Jesus. I used to be so proud that I didn't judge and now I'm worse than most. I need to stop focusing on religious leaders and focus on my own relationship with God.

    Anyway, I don't know if they're still on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am amazed at all the people that still watch TBN because 99% of the preachers on there are false preachers, the gospel they peddle is not the true Gospel, yet people still give money to them and listen to their lies. We have every right to evaluate what somebody says, the judgement Jesus speaks about is a spiritual and eternal one, but we are told to judge with righteous judgement, and test the spirits to see where they're from.

    I really like your story, it's very engrossing. Hopefully you got ride of the pot smoking preacher and his stuck up mother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol look how much better off you are now my friend. You have a grat hubby, fantastic kids and a neighbor that weeks on Sunday instead of smoking it.

    ReplyDelete