Thursday, August 29, 2013

I'm Going to be a Security Guard!

So, remember how I wrote about the bonsai tree on Monday? Read about that HERE. Well, on Tuesday, I posted this picture & text on my Facebook account:

After getting ready for an interview to be a security guard...admit it, I look more like a could-be victim than someone who would effectively protect lives and prevent crimes. THIS is freakin' hilarious!
At least I'm laughing about life now.
Well, I went to the interview--it was the sixth (or seventh--who the hell is counting anyway!) interview I've had in the past two weeks.  And the whole time I kept thinking, there has to be SOME sort of sign when I find the perfect job.  Right then, I looked over and guess what I flippin' saw?!
Yep, a bonsai tree!
So I discretely took this picture--because let's face it, I'm a badass!
And guess who actually got the job!!!

You're reading a blog FROM A NEWLY HIRED SECURITY GUARD.  
I start next week and I can hardly wait!  Wish me luck.

(Maybe I will survive this divorce after all!)

22 comments:

  1. Neatest thing about being a security guard? You get to wear cool T-Shirts that say "Security." Well, that and the paycheck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the handcuffs and stun-gun trump the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD LUCK. Can't wait to hear the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the pictures! And congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck!

    I have no doubt you can survive anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't have to be tough, you can cute them to death!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn, you will be one popular security guard. No one will steal as they'll be too busy eyeballing you hahahaha congrats

    ReplyDelete
  8. You already know my take on this, Ms. Earp!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look like one of Charlie's Angels! You go, girl~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Like Shelly said, you do look like Charlie's Angels!! You look beautiful by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You is brave. You is strong. You is my girl.

    Love,
    Your Mother From Another Planet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck to you. I got divorced a few years back and had to do the job search thing. Not fun. Congrats on the job and very stealth the way you got the picture of the bonsai. You'll make a great security guard.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wait, what? Divorce? I've seriously been MIA. I've clearly got some catching up to do but yeah, you're definitely a bad ass. In a ridiculous number of ways.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Elisa, besides being a newly hired security guard, you're one fine bonsai! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. I, for one, am impressed. You go, Girl. I believe in signs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know a lot of security guards, including my husband, daughter and son who did a couple of years in this field. I do not have a strong feeling about this being the job for you....sorry, but it is a nasty and tough job...I fear for you now...You didn't get any did you?....Shivering!!! I hope at least they send you to school first!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry, last post should say, you didn't get any weapons did you?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on getting the job! Just goes to show that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. You can look pretty while still being able to kick the butts of evildoers. Hope it's going well for you. :) -James @ D&S Security Services

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Luck. Do your job with full determination.Security Services Miami

    ReplyDelete
  20. If you are looking to hire an Security Guard , call Security Guards in Kent . They have well trained and experienced Security Guards for your Home as well as Commercial Security.

    ReplyDelete